Change of name subsequent to marriage

If your surname has changed subsequent to marriage and you want to apply for a new passport in your married name, you will need to submit an affidavit for change of name together with your passport application. You also need to enclose copies of your marriage certificate (with apostille), as well as copies of your spouse’s passport. An additional fee is charged for change of name, and it must be paid via bank transfer. A receipt of the payment must be attached to the application.